Army of the Cold War of the 1950's and 1960's:
4th infantry Soldier mid 1950's:
The Division was stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado from 1970 through 1995. They had continued their training for Cold War missions. In the process they have been re-formed into a Mechanized Infantry Division, and regularly did high speed deployment over seas mass deployment operations to Europe, Participating in the annual 'REFORGER' exercises as a real deterrent they hoped to the Communist threat.